The second most common question we’ve received since the Big Day has definitely been…
“How’s married life?”
The first most common has been “Where are the babies?” phrased in various formats but we’ll tackle that subject a little later on.
So how is married life you ask?
Hate to break it to you but it’s pretty much the same, and honestly that’s really awesome. We decided to live together before we were married and I really think that helped our relationship and made the transition into married life kind of seamless.
Now lets be clear, living together for about 4 years before getting married was not at all seamless, but it did work out for us and I wouldn’t have it any other way. I think we really kind of grew together.
So what has changed?
–We get to wear these awesome rings daily. Took some getting used to, especially if you don’t wear rings, but totally worth it.
– We get to call each other husband and wife ALL the time. Seriously any opportunity is seized 🙂
– We are legally bound and share a last name, woohoo!
* I was tempted to add “We know we are down for each other for better or worse until 3005” BUT we’ve been knowing that, ever since we decided to become serious.
**Plus marriage does not guarantee that someone will be committed. That all has to do with who you picked to spend forever with.
What’s the same?
-We have pizza Fridays at least 2x a month
– We still pay bills
– I still fuss when he plays video games
– He still puts “man-ears” on sometimes when I’m talking incessantly about Pintrest
-We still wear our Adventure Time robes around the house on weekends
So in summary, married life is practically the same. And we are perfectly okay with that.